In anticipation of the 50th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between Korea-Canada in 2013, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea to Canada is recruiting 50 social media experts, who will be known as e-Reporters, across Canada to be online voices of Korea-Canada relations.
Successful candidates will use their preferred method of social media in an effort to promote and inform the general public of any historical, cultural, artistic, educational, economic, and political developments happening in their own local area pertaining to Korea-Canada relations. In addition, successful candidates will research and report various traces of Korea-Canada relations of the past, present, and the future.
The year 2013 is an important year for Korea and Canada. And as e-Reporters of this significant celebration, you will engage in public diplomacy, hence “civil diplomats”, and develop your insights into various aspects of Korea-Canada relations, Global Issues at large, as well as your online communication skills.
Your interests in international relations, Korea-Canada relations, combined with your great storytelling and social media aptitude will be valuable assets in the selection of successful candidates.
Number of e-Reporters
• No restrictions on region, education, age, sex
• All residing in Canada
• Preference will be given to those who already have an active blog or SNS account)
• Apt at communications and creative-writing
• Proficient social media skills
• Diverse interests in Korea-Canada relations
• Discover and report hidden Korea-related stories in Canada. Ex) Contents found in local libraries and museums, Korea-related stories in local newspapers, stories of Korean immigrants, interesting Canadian cultural phenomenon, etc to be told in an interesting, storytelling format
• Example categories : Kpop, food, films, fashion, traditional culture, sports, literature, history, economics, politics, diplomacy, tourism, shopping, products and brands, social policies and etc.
• Conduct research, interviews on various traces of Korea-Canada relations. To be compiled and published through the blog
• Blog about various developments happening in their own local area pertaining to Korea-Canada relations
• All contents are to posted either in English or French
• October 2012 ~ January 2014 (Approximately 15 Months)
• Official letter of appointment and e-Reporter business cards
• Invitation to Embassy and Consulate-General hosted events
• Rewards will be given to most active/excellent e-Reporter
• September 1st, 2012 to September 30th, 2012
• All applicants must fill out and return the application form including the Activity Proposal. Please submit application firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30th, 2012
• Results will be announced on Tuesday October 16 2012 by email and public announcement